I was injured while working in a marina, on a dock or on a seawall; am I entitled to compensation?

Depending on the nature of your employment and the exact location of the injury, there are many types of compensation that may be available. You may be able to bring a negligence claim against the marina owner, dock owner, or owner of the seawall. Depending on your employment status, you may be entitled to Workers’ Disability Compensation benefits. Depending on the circumstances, you may also be entitled to compensation pursuant to the Federal Longshore & Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act (LHWCA). The LHWCA typically provides benefits that are more favorable than those available under Workers’ Compensation, and there are a number of complex issues that need to be examined to determine whether or not you are entitled to LHWCA benefits. Again, you should consult with an experienced attorney before deciding how to pursue this type of claim.

Sachs Waldman P.C. are Michigan personal injury attorneys who are here to help. For a free case evaluation, call us at (800) 638-6722.

Fill out our online form